4.9.12

日本ツインテール協会 + Japonica Market Review

Hello everyone! Long time no update. As you can see, I've finally upgraded my blog to the new platform, but I haven't quite gotten around to completely finalising the layout. Soon!!

This time I'm updating about a slightly weebish purchase of mine, merchandise from Japan Twintail Association! I remember one of my close friends who transferred from Japan would always beg me to wear twintails with all of my outfits, and at first I had no idea what she meant by "twintails." Found out later that's just a term for two pigtails, haha! Ever since then I always like to stalk the "twintail" tag on Pixiv and look at the cute artwork--you'd be surprised how many featured really great drawings of outfits I wanted to put together!





Anyways, Twintail Japan released a webstore, which you can find here--and I quickly lined up in reserves for their "Fashionista OP." Of course, you have to live in Japan to order from there, so I quickly contacted my favourite Japanese shopping service for help--Japonica Market!! =)

I've always preferred their services because they have the lowest commission rate (10% vs. the usual 15% for Crescent Shoppe and Celga) and are always extremely quick to respond. I've used them about five or six times now, mostly for auction services (where they were amaaazing), but I decided I'd review them now because of the small complications that came up with purchasing from Twintail Japan.

My Japanese is conversational at best, so I really rely on the people I speak to through Japonica Market to really bridge that gap. Their English is very good, and they are fluent Japanese speakers (I learned this from experience since I had them ask sellers questions on countless occasions, and they also translated e-mails for me with no mishaps). Twintail Japan ran into a delay with their reserve though--I had my order in around May, and the item was supposed to arrive by mid-July. When July came, I asked Japonica Market what the status of my order is, since I hadn't heard from them in a while, and they told me they will contact the seller to see what is going on.

Within a day, they had forwarded me the original Japanese e-mails from Twinail Japan with their translation that there has been a delay and to wait until the end of July. Given the time difference, it was awesome that they got back to me so fast, and it was definitely a point on both Japonica Market and Twintail Japan's side.

I ended up adding the salopette I ordered from Cawaii to the order, and everything was shipped and sent out the day after I paid my final shipping cost. It was amazing! *A* Everything came nicely bubble-wrapped.

As for the quality of the OP I purchased from Twintail Japan, it was absolutely wonderful. Suuuper soft cotton, firm stitching, and it falls beautifully. It kind of smelled plasticky when I received it, but that was probably due to the fact that it came in one of those nice plastic wrap bags. I am probably going to buy another shirt from them soon, but I love the OP!

Here are two photos of me fawning over my puppy, Sora! Have a great week everyone~



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a question or a comment! =) I try to answer them as quickly as possible, so please check back!